Hello XC Runners!
Great work last week at the North Zones! It was a terrific afternoon in Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park, and the we certainly let our presence be known on the podium. Here are the results.
Remember, you can always look at our other race results. Just follow the links on the right hand side of this blog. I've also added a bunch of new photos from the Vernon races to the slideshow at the right. Please let me know if you'd like any of the pictures. I'd be happy to give you the original files of the pictures you'd like, or you can download them with this link.
With all of our commitments to school, sports, music, family, and field trips (to Japan!), it seemed too tricky to pull together a boys team or a girls team for the Valleys this year. I'm sure SAS and VSS are breathing a sigh of relief to know that we won't be there to take any of their ribbons away. :) It is also nice to end on a good note, and the Kal Lake race was a fine race to finish a season on. It had it all: good results, good views, a fine afternoon, and good tunes (thanks for DJing the drive, Jacob and Rhys).
We'll get together at lunch on Thursday and I'll go over the wrap-up details for our season, collect any race jerseys, and make sure that you have the photos that you want.
Thanks for a great season of XC running. It was certainly fun to work with such a great group of students, and I hope that you enjoyed yourself on the trails.
Cheers.
-jw