Sunday, October 1, 2023

Week of October 2nd

It's a big week for us in Revelstoke!

On Wednesday October 4th, we are hosting a North Zone race.  The leadership class has agreed to help and I've put out a call for volunteers to the staff, so I'm hoping that we will have enough volunteers.

That said, it would be great to have some parent help in the finish area for some of the key jobs.

If you think you can help, please send me an email using my school address.

The race starts at 4pm, and I need volunteers to show up at the skate park around 3:30pm.  If you can show up a bit earlier, please let me know.  The race --and most of the volunteer tasks-- are finished by 4:45pm.

 Here are the positions I need to fill with a brief description of the tasks:

Timers (2) - Record a time (using an iPad) as each runner crosses the finish line.
Finish area staff (3) - Take runner name tags as athletes enter the finish 'chute' and ensure finish order is recorded properly.  Note: I need at least one woman at this station. 
Course marshals (6+) - Cheer the athletes and prevent them from getting lost at key locations on the course
Stadium (1) - Arrange and provide snacks for athletes.
Sweeper (1) - Follow runners and 'close' the course.  This can be done on foot or by bike.

 Here is a link to the Google Map with the race course and information about each marshal point (click on an icon for information).  If you would like to work at any of the stations listed, please let me know.